The office of Art + Design’s 53rd-once-a-year Juried University student Exhibition honored college students April 28 with an awards evening by using Zoom.
This year’s show featured 45 will work of art, preferred from 178 submissions. This year’s juror was Claire Kovacs, curator of collections and exhibitions at the Binghamton College Art Museum.
The next Austin Peay students won honors from the jurors at the awards exhibit:
• Jamie Erwin’s “Black Life Matter” gained The Bruce Childs Printmaking Award.
• Sarah Spillers’ “Nashville’s Covid Candy Kitchen” received the T. Max Hochstetler Portray Award.
• Rebecca Martinez’s “Alejandra” won the Olen Bryant Sculpture Award.
• Amalia Wills’ “Anechoic and Echo” gained the Jim Diehr Ceramics Award.
• Pamela Henry’s “Man’s Plane” received the Charles Younger Drawing Award.
• Katie Boyer’s “Untitled” gained the Becky Corridor Pictures Award.
• Harley Simpkins’ “When & Where” gained the Bettye Holte New Media Award.
• Madison Tucker’s “Homework Hotline’s Finish of the Year Mailer” won the Philancy Holder Graphic Structure Award.
• Amalia Wills’ “Anechoic and Echo” won Best in Clearly show.
The following Austin Peay college students won the Heart of Excellence for the Artistic Arts Acquire Awards selected by Artwork + Design school:
• Sarah Spillers for “Nashville’s Covid Sweet Kitchen.”
• Eden Jeffers for “City Methodist Church, Gary, Indiana.”
• Jamie Erwin for “Black Lives Make a difference.”
• Savannah Shirley for “Return to Crabbo.”
Their functions will be included to the college artwork assortment.
Rebecca Martinez’s “Alejandra” won the Hazel Smith University student Artwork Collection obtain award. Her piece will be included to the university’s long-lasting collection.
Austin Peay students Katie Boyer, Rebecca Martinez, Shirley Layer and Uyanga Ganzorig gained the CECA summer time investigate grants, chosen by Artwork + Style college.
CECA will enable fund their summer months projects, which will be displayed in the Barbara Beach Gallery in the tumble.
To discover far more about Art + Design system choices, exhibitions and speakers, take a look at the office web page.